The opening ceremony for the former house of Gustav Ernesaks, located in Kadriorg on Oru street, was held today. The house was the song leaders home during the years 1953 – 1993.
Construction works began in the house in April this year and the house has been thoroughly reconstructed. Efforts have been made to retain the original and cosy interior design inherent to the owner and to the era. The decor has a lot of characteristics related to the era that are mixed with ethnical interior elements.
The house will be in the care of Eesti Kontsert and it will serve as the housing for foreign interpreters who are visiting Estonia. All the rooms are named after conductors of Estonian National Male Choir through the years. The Estonian Music Museum’s department has also found it’s place in the building, it’s exhibits should convey the presence of the Estonian song leader.