On 6th of
The building designed by architects P. Mielberg and H. Sultson and built in several stages from 1939-1942 has value in terms of heritage protection. Therefore, the reconstruction design by architect Jane Pärnamaa aims at maintaining the original spatial planning as much as possible. The building to be renovated has four floors. On the ground floor the deans office and a big circle auditory will be located. On the first and partially on the ground floor, the learning classes of the language centre, the offices and the lecture halls will be located. The second floor has been designed for the institute of philosophy, ethics and semiotics, the third floor is for the institute of the Estonian language and general linguistics. The basement of the building and partially also the ground floor will be at the disposal of archaeologists. The whole building will be reconstructed as an educational building with modern learning and working conditions. Building is with closed net area of 7916 m2.
Construction works begin in any weeks, works will began in new building in Autumn 2011.